Cooper Leibner Editorial Fellowship
The Center for Communication annually awards the Carole Cooper and Richard Leibner Journalism Fellowship to a New York area female college junior, senior, or graduate student.
The Fellow will receive a generous stipend of $5000 while interning at the Center for Communication during the course of the school year.
Students will have the opportunity to network with professionals and executives within media and entertainment at our panels and On Locations.
what you'll be doing:
The Center for Communication is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic intern interested in marketing, social media, and writing. Additionally, this intern will also support program staff during On Locations and panels and must be available to work during all evening panels.
You will help maintain the Center's social media presence across platforms to help build our community and drive awareness to students, new graduates and professors. Strong social media skills across Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- This person should be a self-starter, highly motivated, able to take direction and conscientious about deadlines
- Strong editorial and research skills required
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborate on content development (event recaps, new project opportunities) and assist with current project management
- Photoshop, InDesign and Video Editing skills are highly desired, but not required
- Intern will contribute with event preparation and promotion of our forums and On Locations
This is a paid internship opportunity for a full school year, excluding the summer. The internship will begin in Fall 2018.
Hours: 16-20 hours a week. Intern is expected to work evening panels.
Please email your résumé, a 300-word statement on why you’re the best person for this fellowship, and links to all relevant work in regards to writing and/or video, to Foladé Bell at email@example.com with the subject line: Cooper Leibner Editorial Fellowship.