3x3 design is hiring
role: Outreach and Communications Internship
About 3x3 Design:
3x3 is a social innovation consultancy working at the intersection of urban planning, design, and technology. We apply human-centered design to urban planning issues to help our clients problem solve, create smarter programs and services, and improve urban experiences. Our team applies practical knowledge of today’s complex urban systems, collaborative and tireless engagement, and insights gleaned from context-based research to help clients launch lean, resource efficient projects that create social value.
3x3 is seeking a part-time Outreach and Communications Intern to assist with stakeholder outreach and qualitative research. This is a multi-faceted position ideal for someone eager to collaborate on projects that blend knowledge of marketing, media, public outreach, and design. The candidate will support the development of outreach and communication strategies, conduct community outreach and qualitative research, and support workshop facilitations. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker that is able to execute multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. The candidate shall have excellent written and verbal communication, and a strong understanding of visual communications.
- Strategic engagement with community leaders and ability to recruit various constituents for public programs.
- Support the design and facilitation of workshop activities with clients, community members, and community based organizations.
- Assist with creating and conducting qualitative research and public outreach.
- Assist with the development of high-level marketing recommendations and creative briefs.
- Develop content and messaging for place-based marketing materials and media.
- Support the creative design process from concept creation for a suite of print and digital outreach tools.
- Manage inbound marketing content and social media accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Design Management, Journalism, Sociology, Communications Design or related field.
- Charismatic, self-starter with ability to communicate with diverse clients.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills necessary.
- Strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to quickly synthesize information from multiple sources into clear, persuasive communications.
- Experience conducting qualitative research and synthesis a plus.
- Social Media savvy, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo.
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) a plus.
- Experience working with diverse communities and local organizations in NYC a plus.
To be considered, please submit your application to email@example.com. The candidate will start in December and the position will remain open until filled. Compensation is commensurate with experience and time commitment. Please submit your cover letter, résumé, work samples (or link to online portfolio), and blog (if available). Applicants must write “Outreach and Communications Intern: [FIRST NAME_ LAST NAME]” in subject line of email.