3x3 design is hiring
role: communications and marketing specialist
About 3x3 Design:
3x3 is a social innovation consultancy working at the intersection of urban planning, design, and technology. We apply human-centered design to urban planning issues to help our clients problem solve, create smarter programs and services, and improve urban experiences. Our team applies practical knowledge of today’s complex urban systems, collaborative and tireless engagement, and insights gleaned from context-based research to help clients launch lean, resource efficient projects that create social value.
3x3 is seeking a part-time Communications and Marketing Specialist for the Spring and Summer 2016, with possibility to continue into the Fall. This is a multi-faceted position ideal for someone eager to collaborate on multiple projects that blend knowledge of marketing, media, public outreach, and experience design. The candidate will oversee the development of communication and outreach strategies, messaging, brand identity, and experiences for place-based programs. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker that is able to execute multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. The candidate shall have excellent written and verbal communication, and a strong understanding of visual communications.
- Strategic engagement with clients to provide high-level marketing recommendations.
- Assist with creating and conducting market research methodologies.
- Develop creative briefs and communicating strategic objectives to internal team members to ensure projects are completed in alignment with strategy.
- Develop content and messaging for place-based marketing materials and media.
- Support the creative design process from concept creation through implementation for a suite of print and digital outreach tools.
- Support the design and facilitation of workshop activities with clients, community members, and community based organizations.
- Manage inbound marketing content and social media accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Design Management, Journalism, Sociology, Communications Design or related field.
- Charismatic, self-starter with ability to communicate with diverse clients.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills necessary.
- Strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to quickly synthesize information from multiple sources into clear, persuasive communications.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate dynamic workshops.
- Social Media savvy, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo.
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) a plus.
- Experience designing print and web-based design outputs a plus.
- Experience working with diverse communities and local organizations in NYC a plus.
To be considered, please submit your application to email@example.com. The candidate will start as soon as possible and the position will remain open until filled. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Please submit your cover letter, resume, work samples (or link to online portfolio), and blog (if available). Applicants must write “Communications and Marketing Specialist: [FIRST NAME
_ LAST NAME]” in subject line of email.